Thursday, October 23, 2008

More pictures!

Decent costumes, crappy pics. Bear with me.

Here's the underdress for my friend's costume - hemmed, trimmed, and finished.

And the overdress, also done. I think it's pretty. :)

Accessories for my costume. After much internal debate, I decided to be Rogue, from X-Men. (The comic, not the movie. I love Anna Paquin, but all that black leather was so boring.)

The undermost layer. I live in SoCal, so it's possible it will be overwarm even on October 31. If so, I can strip down to this at the party and still be decent.



Here's the jacket. It's supposed to be trimmed in fur, but fur was expensive and hard to work with, so I bought a really soft robe of fluffy terry cloth and used pieces of it. It was easier and cheaper, but it did have an unexpected side effect - a fuzzstorm. Tiny bits of white fuzz are still being picked off all of our clothing.



The cape. It's hooded, which you can't really see here.
So my costume and my friend's are completely, totally, 100% done! (Which is not to say I won't be bringing a needle and thread with me on Halloween; I'm jubilant, not stupid.) Now all that's left to do is finish my boyfriend's (he'll be Gambit to match my Rogue), and my work costume. When searching through my costumes, I came across a dress from four or five years ago, when I wanted to be Darla from Buffy, in the episode where it flashes back to 1762 and she sires Angelus. It never quite got finished (there's no hem, several parts are held together by safety pins, and inadequate pleating means the waist of the underskirt is approximately a foot too big), but I'm confident I can conquer that by next week. It was made by a friend (with my minimal help but complete financing... go, price out fourteen yards of brocade-like curtain fabric. I'll wait.), and even unfinished, it's pretty impressive. Hopefully, it will annhilate my colleagues.
More pictures to follow!







No comments: