Saturday, March 28, 2009

Volume II

Some of the male guests.
Some of the female guests.
The trivia quiz winner! Her prize: the LAST tube of Tauron toothpaste in the universe!
The motherfrakkin' seal, on which I spent at least six hours, all told.
Many BSG-clad guests. Yay!
Wonderful party kitten. Greeted all the party guests politely, made no attempt to cozy up to the allergic few, and spent most of the episode on the back of this chair, quietly watching with everyone else. (His comrade, the other cat, spent the entire party under the bed, not even sneaking out to go to the bathroom.)


More decor.
The whole spread.
Just a chips-and-dips platter. But the chips are all hexagonal, and there's toast!
I needed something vaguely healthy. I called it "reconstituted algae".
Cylon raider crescent rolls, stuffed with ground turkey and chorizo. Adorable and, apparently, delicious - it was the one food item I had no leftovers of!
Scotch cake, in a vague dogtag replica style. And I stayed true to the spirit of the show - there was Scotch in the batter, Scotch in the glaze, and about half a cup of Scotch just poured directly onto the thing. Tasty but potent!
The food item I am proudest of: the Eye of Jupiter fruit tart. Behold its wonder. (And, miraculously, it tasted good too. Not bad for a first try.)


Some decor. I made signs for everything.

Cleaning for the party. (In my Battlestar workout clothes, of course! And it was a good thing too, as several party guests were distressingly prompt...)

No comments: