Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Micro post - Chase Bank update

So I've now severed all non-checking account ties to Chase. Sadly, though, when I attempted to reorder checks online, I was informed my information was no longer on file. I assumed this was an artifact of the switchover, so I called the customer service number that popped up. After entering ALL of my information by touch-tone, I was once again informed that I wasn't on file. I hung up, called back, and proceeded to look for the magic menu option that would allow me to talk to a real human being. There wasn't one. I had to go to the bank anyway to deposit a check, so I went in Saturday morning. I asked the teller if she could order me checks, because if she couldn't, I literally had no idea how to get them. She put in the order. I then asked her to close all my non-checking accounts. She asked why. I told her, nicely, that they had terrible interest rates. She asked if I had spoken to anyone in customer service. I nearly cried.

I was proud of myself later for neither laughing in her face nor demolishing parts of the branch on my way out. There are days when it's a very good thing I am not an Adept-level mage...

No comments: